Here are my top reads of 2018 and why:
- How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life by Alan Lakein
I noticed my to-do lists were lacking. The simple idea of prioritizing every task and aligning it with key goals in life is liberating. I will write another post about planning for peace and effectiveness.
- Miracle Morning for Entrepreneurs by Hal Elrod and Cameron Herold
I was seeking better routines and this book gave me those.
- Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat by Samin Nosrat
I love to make and eat tasty food, but the geek in me just had to understand the science behind it. Samin delivers and the illustrations are gorgeous!
- Everybody Writes by Ann Handley
I understood I lacked systems and a good all-around understanding in my writing. Be it direct response copy or a blog post. I now refer to this book constantly.
- The Brain Audit by Sean D’Souza
There are marketing books that tell you to do something in a certain way. And then there are marketing books that drill into the true medium we marketers are operating in - the human mind. This is the latter. It’s a great read when you need to fill the gaps of WHY? in your understanding.
Other books I enjoyed during 2018:
- The Economist Style Guide
- The Flavour Bible by Karen Page and Andrew Dornenburg
- How Brands Grow by Byron Sharp
- Tools of Titans by Tim Ferriss
- Tribe of Mentors by Tim Ferriss
- The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco
- Unscripted by MJ DeMarco
- Stealing Fire by Steven Kotler and Jamie Wheal
- Žmogus, kuris žinojo viską by Tomas Ramanauskas and Kristupas Sabolius
- Do You Talk Funny by David Nihill
- Jolt - Sell More by Standing Out by Justin Jackson
- One Plus One Equals Three by Dave Trott
- Creative Mischief by Dave Trott
- Just F@$%ing Ship by Amy Hoy
- Ask by Ryan Levesque
- Growth Hacker Marketing by Ryan Holiday
- Be Obsessed or Be Average by Grand Cardone
- How I create Growth Hacking Plans for startups for $10,000 by Aladdin Happy
- Win With Words by Jon Buchan
- Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson
- The Comedy Bible by Judy Carter
- Ogilvy on Advertising by David Ogilvy
Two or three of those I’m not exactly sure about. Might have read them back in 2017.
Post mainly for own reference as I tend to forget things which I don’t write down. :)